45th President of the United States of America, Donald Trump is no stranger to controversies. Regarded as braggadocious and blunt to the core, Trump’s comments and quips have made him a target of insults and media oppositions.
Yet, there is something everyone has to agree about him- He is definitely a man of greatness and his unbelievable rise to the pinnacle of American politics is really astonishing.
Here are 20 outstanding facts about Donald Trump you probably never knew.
1. Trump has been married thrice. First to Ivana Zelnickova (1977-1991), Marla Maples (1993-1999) and currently to Melania Knauss from 2005.
2. He has had three political affiliations. A Democrat from 1987-2009, Independent from 2011-2012 and presently, Republican from 2012.
3. He does not smoke nor drink, a decision he made after the death of his elder brother, Red Jr.
4. He is of German and Scottish ancestry.
5. He attended the New York Military Academy to whom he owes much of his future success.
6. He attended Fordham University, Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania where he earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Economics in 1968.
7. Trump has filed for bankruptcy for his business properties a total of six times between 1991 and 2009 but he has never filed for personal bankruptcy.
8. He owns and operates about 18 golf courses around the world.
9. He was once a part owner of three major beauty pageants. They include; Miss Universe, Miss USA and Miss Teen USA.
10. He once owned and ran a University (Trump University LLC) from 2005-2010. His courses covered real estate training.
11. He is a member of the Screen Actors Guild and has also appeared as an actor in a couple of movies.
12. He is a WWE (World wrestling Entertainment) fan and has also played a scripted role.
13. Trump became an executive producer of the reality show, The Apprentice. the hit television show which began in 2003 is currently on hiatus owing to his presidential run.
14. He has five children and eight grandchildren.
15. His net worth as of November 2016 is $3.7 billion